1. The publisher reserves the right to refuse at the publisher’s total discretion any advertisement submitted for publication.
2. The publisher will not accept responsibility for any loss or damage sustained to the advertiser as a result of late publication or non-publication of an advertisement.
3. We are not able to verify the truthfulness of any statements made by you in your advert copy. Accordingly, you shall be responsible for any losses, expenses or other costs incurred by us, which are caused by an untrue statement deliberately made or provided by you.
4. By submitting your advert online you are requesting that your advert appears on the Portugal Resident Newspaper. You are also confirming you have read, understood and agree to our terms and conditions.
5. To submit your classified advert online you need to login or create a new account.
6. Our charges will be calculated and displayed when you submit your Classified Order. All of our classifieds prices are inclusive of VAT.
7. There is a minimum charge of 10 words in all classified adverts.
8. Deadline for placing classified advertisements is MONDAY 5PM (4 days prior to publication date) unless otherwise announced.
9. Payment must be made at the time of placing your advertisement. We have partnered one of the best online payment systems -PayPal, to handle payments on our behalf, ensuring total security of your credit card information. We do not hold any information about your credit / debit cards so you can pay with confidence that your payment details remain secure and confidential. If you wish to pay using a different method (bank transfer, Multibanco or cheque) please contact us.
9. If you require a Factura (Invoice) as proof of payment of your classified advertisement, please enter your contribuinte number in the VAT number section and FULL company details into the Notes section.
10. We are unable to issue Facturas requested after the end of the month in which submission was made.
11. Once your classified advertisement is received and published, you may amend your advert at anytime by emailing [email protected], with your requested changes.
12. Cancellation of your classified advert can be requested in writing via email [email protected] No refunds will be given once the ad has been published.
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
2. The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Portugal Resident reserves the right to redraw the prize.
3. An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Portugal Resident under this promotion including their name, address and email address.
4. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry.
5. The Portugal Resident reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Portugal Resident reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Portugal Resident’s website (www.portugalresident.com).
6. The Portugal Resident reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
7. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Portugal Resident a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes.
8. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable, and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
9. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
10. The Portugal Resident’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Portugal Resident will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Portugal Resident or its employees, the Portugal Resident will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
12. By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Portugal Resident or any associated or subsidiary company of the publishing company, Open Media Group.
14. Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
15. The Portugal Resident reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The Portugal Resident reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
16. Competition rules published in publications of the Portugal Resident (including social media if applicable) or on the Website form part of these rules.
When you subscribe to the Portugal Resident, you will receive the Algarve’s favourite English language newspaper without having to leave your house or office.
1. Which version suits me
We now offer two choices – you can receive the printed edition directly to your home, post box or office by mail, or have the electronic edition as a PDF file, sent directly to your email box.
Postal Subscriptions are sent by land mail on Thursdays, on the day the paper is in newsstands. While every effort is made to ensure that your postal copy is received by you in a timely fashion, Portugal Resident or its parent company, MMS Publishing Lda cannot be held responsible for delays due to slow delivery by the post office, stoppages, strikes or acts of God. Your postal copy will be sent in ‘as new’ condition.
Electronic Newspaper Subscription are sent by email on Thursdays, the day the paper is in newsstands. The format is PDF and can be viewed using the free Adobe Reader which available to be downloaded from the Adobe website.
2. Subscription Duration
Subscriptions are available for three months, six months and 12 months, all payable in advance.
3. Special Offers
Portugal Resident or its parent company, MMS Publishing Lda reserves the right to alter or cancel any special offer at any time without prior notice.
Payment for your subscription will, unless otherwise agreed, be made in full in advance. Payment can be accepted by:-
Credit Card, Paypal or Multibanco – Through our online system https://subscriptions.open-media.net/
Cash – We advise clients wishing to pay by cash, that they do so in person at our offices in Lagoa or at one of our agent offices. If sending cash through the postal system always ensure that the delivery is registered with signatory as this company will not be held responsible for loss of cash through the post.
Cheque – Made payable to MMS Publishing Lda. Cheques will only be accepted if they are drawn from a Portuguese Euro bank (sterling cheques and Euro cheques from non-Portuguese cannot be accepted).
7. Data Protection
8. Third party material
You may see advertising material submitted by third parties on the Website. Individual advertisers are solely responsible for the content of advertising material which they submit to us, including ensuring that it complies with relevant legislation. We accept no responsibility for the content of advertising material, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy. If you want to advertise on the Website or on any of the other websites we operate, please Contact Us for further information.